Updated: January 8, 2021
FIAF Is Open
Manhattan: Mon–Fri, 10am–4pm
Montclair: Mon–Fri, 8:30am–4pm
Please see program-specific details below.
The health and well-being of our students, members, visitors, and staff are our number one priority. We will be strictly following guidelines recommended by the CDC and public health authorities regarding COVID-19.
All people over the age of 2 are required to wear a face mask and maintain social distancing at all times. Health checks will be administered upon entering FIAF and a more frequent building-wide cleaning schedule has been implemented. Watch our safety guidelines video here.
- Preschool (IN PERSON): FIAF’s award-winning preschool remains open. For more information, visit fiafpreschool.org. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- French Exams: French certification exams have resumed at FIAF. Visit the Exams section for details.
- French Classes for Adults: For the winter sessions, FIAF is offering a wide selection of online classes for adults. Additionally, we will also offer in-person classes for adults at our Montclair location. NO in-person classes for adults offered in Manhattan. Browse upcoming classes here. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- French Classes for Children: For the winter sessions, FIAF is offering both online classes on Zoom and in-person classes at our Manhattan and Montclair locations for ages 1–17. Browse upcoming classes here. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Language Center Offices: You can stop by any Monday–Friday between 10am–4pm to sign up for French classes and purchase/pick-up textbooks. In-person placement tests can be scheduled by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Private Lessons (ONLINE & IN PERSON): One-on-one and small group private lessons have resumed in person at FIAF. Online private lessons on Zoom will continue to be available throughout fall and winter. Request a private lesson here. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Cultural Events: For our winter season, FIAF will continue presenting virtual film screenings, performances, Art de Vivre talks and wine tastings, and more for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home. View upcoming events here.
- Library at FIAF: The library will remain closed throughout the winter season. Limited drop-off / pick-up service for books and materials is available to FIAF Members. All late fees are waived and due dates extended to after the closure period.
- Digital Library: The Culturethèque digital library features French eBooks, bandes dessinées, magazines, music, podcasts, children’s books and cartoons, and more. Free access is available to FIAF Members. Learn more here.
- Membership: For insider access to all our events (virtual and in-person), free weekly French films, and free access to Culturethèque digital library, sign up for a FIAF Membership here.
- Stay Connected: Exciting cultural content is posted continually on FIAF’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive information about our classes and events.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.