New Safety Measures at FIAF
[Last updated September 21, 2021]
The health and well-being of all our visitors and staff are our number one priority.
The following safety measures are implemented for FIAF’s indoor programs in line with CDC, city, state, and federal guidance regarding COVID-19.
A face mask or covering is required for everyone over the age of two while at FIAF.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for Classes at FIAF Manhattan
Students ages 18 and older attending classes in person at FIAF Manhattan are required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination on the first day of class. You must have received your vaccine shot (both doses if applicable) at least 14 days before the first day of class. Valid proofs include NYC COVID Safe App, Excelsior Pass, CDC Vaccination Card or its Photo, or NYC Vaccination Record.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for Classes at FIAF Montclair
Students ages 18 and older attending classes in person at FIAF Montclair are required to present proof of COVID-19 vaccination on the first day of class or show proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid test) taken within 72 hours before each class. Vaccine requirement is only met if you have received your vaccine shot (both doses if applicable) at least 14 days before the first day of class. Valid proofs include NYC COVID Safe App, Excelsior Pass, CDC Vaccination Card or its Photo, or NYC Vaccination Record.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for Indoor FIAF Events
In compliance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for indoor entertainment, FIAF will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination for all visitors, artists, and staff at an indoor FIAF event. A valid proof of Covid-19 vaccination (NYC COVID Safe App, Excelsior Pass, CDC Vaccination Card or its Photo) and a valid photo ID must be presented at the venue for entry.
Proof of a negative Covid-19 test will not be accepted as an alternative to vaccination. The only possible exemptions from the city’s mandate are for medical or religious reasons. To request an exemption, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: EVENT NAME – DATE. Attach the necessary documentation from a doctor or a note from a religious leader on official letterhead. Additionally, you must attach proof of a negative Covid-19 test dated less than 72 hours from the event.
Children under the age of 12, for whom there is currently no available vaccination, are exempt.
- Masks are required for everyone over the age of two.
- All visitors are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a valid photo ID at the door for entry into FIAF.
- Wash hands as often as possible and use hand sanitizers. Hand-sanitizing stations are offered throughout FIAF at entrances, elevators, and other high-traffic areas.
- For contactless service, we encourage all guests to purchase tickets, register for classes, and sign up for memberships online and in advance.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well, have exhibited symptoms of Covid-19 recently, or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid-19. If you have tickets for a FIAF event, you can contact email@example.com within 24 hours of the event for a full refund.
- Event spaces, classrooms, elevators, restrooms, and other high-touch areas are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- We have made improvements to overall air quality and ventilation and expanded the use of high-efficiency filters in all of our venues.
- All guests must follow the instructions of security guards, ushers, teachers, and other FIAF staff.
These measures are implemented to improve safety for all, but they are not an absolute protection against Covid-19. Guests assume their own risk by entering FIAF spaces. The measures currently in place are subject to change and may be revised at any time.